An understanding of basic concepts of how to survive the wilderness is necessary if you ever find yourself in an emergency situation in the wild. The strong will to survive is an important factor to get out of the wild. From time to time we read about remarkable wilderness surviving feats. The common denominator in all such feats is a strong will to survive .Survival is all about your ability to withstand the stress you face while in a grim situation and taking appropriate decisions as the situation demands. Here are the lost ways reviews recommended basic survival skills you need to thrive through any situation:
1. Attitude: your attitude determines how successful you are more than any other skill. The strong will to survive and keeping a positive attitude throughout your process of survival are crucial attributes. By systematically assessing the situation, making a plan and executing it can go miles in helping you get out of danger.
2. Making a shelter: most people fall prey to diseases due to the direct exposure to the elements. Being able to build a shelter is of paramount importance in a survival situation. The shelter made should be at a location away from hazards, insulated from direct exposure to elements such as heat, rain water and should provide you protection from wild animals. The basic shelter includes a roof made up of big leaves and dry branches as pillars to support it and is the most practical to construct in any environment.
3. Arranging food and water: to meet to the basic needs of our body food and water are essential and can be found in abundance in the wild. The only care that should be taken is that the food that you have is not poisonous and the water that you drink is fit for drinking. There are a number of methods to purify sea water naturally.
4. Making fire: this task is also of utmost importance to keep the wild animals at bay and to keep your body warm during the cold and windy nights. Almost all of us know the way of making fire using dry leaves and dry branches of trees.
5. Basic wilderness first aid: first aid is the most important thing that you need to carry with yourself at all times so that when you are faced with a grim situation you are able to tackle it effectively. But even such a kit is of no use if you don’t know how to use it properly. So a basic understanding of using the first aid kit is crucial to help you survive.
6. Navigation: it is crucial to navigate properly through the wilderness and get out of it safely. One should stop, analyze and then take their steps. A compass helps to find the direction in which a person is moving but the direction of the sun rising and setting could also be used to find the direction to go to. Landmarks should be used to prevent yourself moving in circles.
The knowledge of these basic survival skills and the strong will power to survive can help any person to get out of the wild successfully.